Saturday, April 16, 2011

Why I love my future sister-in-law.

Monday, one of my best friends is turning 30! From the moment we met, I just knew we would get along great. Hmmm, maybe it was when she asked me if I crochet. Actually, maybe it was when she first invited me to Faith's house for a bottle of wine. Or, wait, maybe it was when we almost died together on the highway and then treated ourselves to Slurpees. Whenever it was, I'm so glad to have such an awesome lady to call my friend.
In the spirit of TCK 2011 birthday posts:
A list of all things Octavia.
  • She always has the ability to help me through a crocheted brick wall.
  • Work, school, hubby, kids, home...she does it all.
  • First of all, her sass.
  • That innocent smile she gives you when administering the aforementioned sass.
  • She is always down for a good cuddle.
  • Our mutual understanding that NOT driving to Chicago on a Monday afternoon for a concert only to be at work on Tuesday morning was not an option. 
  • Our Cosmetic Connection, it's an Aries' thing. Not even other Aries get it. 
  • She managed to bring my miniature soul mate into this world exactly one year prior to even meeting me, and isn't even creeped out by my friendship with her daughter who is 22 years my junior (at least not openly creeped). 
On a separate note, this amazing friend has not only fulfilled the above list and more, she and her family have provided me with a home just barely second to my own. Going to their house is as easy as going home. I love the bond we all have and I am so proud to call them my family.
Happy birthday, OP!

1 comment:

  1. (tear) You definitely improve the Pitts' household. Thanks for everything. XO

    ReplyDelete