Monday, March 16, 2009

Do you 'Upcycle'?

Upcycling is the new trendy term for repurposing items you already own into another useful item. This is an obvious benefit to the planet as well as a good way for us to engage our pitifully trodden on imaginations.
For example, I have a wrought iron plant stand that serves me no purpose currently because it is far to small to hold any plants I have. However, I am having trouble blogstorming ideas for what to do with it. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Also let us know what items you have repurposed in your own home.

2 comments:

  1. I have a few ideas brewing. I'll need to see it to have a clear vision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just due to it's shape, I can see it being a backdrop/hanger for decorative birdhouses for a patio or the yard. Not sure if you are into the birdhouse thing.

    ReplyDelete