Monday, March 30, 2009

Well, I guess the birthday celebration is officially over, along with my vacation/spring recess. I would like to thank everyone who made it a success. Everyone who added to the stress of the week, you can piss off.
I spent a weekend in Columbia, a birthday tradition for the past few years.
Monday night, Justin and I almost burned down the backyard with our amazing pyro-skills and lack of logical reasoning. Burning a ten-foot pile of extremely dry wood and dead leaves is not the best idea.
On my actual birthday, I got a gigantic bag full of balloons (including one that sings) from my coworkers. You can see some of them in one of the pictures below. Justin and I went to Crown Candy, the zoo, Annie Gunn’s, I Tap, and topped it off with a visit to Greg’s. It was great. I declared it my best birthday ever.

Thursday was my Girls Night Birthday. Unfortunately, it was just three of us, but it was great fun anyway. I can’t wait for Jenna to come back. We had hot dogs and salad and a cake with cereal and marshmallow trimmings (yummy). I got an amazing pillow to match my Christmas present. What the picture doesn’t show, is the cutest little bird on the back just hanging out! Adorable. AND I got these really cute eggs that grow flowers…that’s not really the best explanation for them, but I’ll post some pictures once they’re grown. We had a nice fire, attended to by Octavia, some song, some dance, some Michael Scott. Once I got home, we had a fire another, more controlled fire in the backyard.
Friday was the family birthday party, which I will not talk about. It was sad. The end.
Saturday was my birthday Mad Titans show. Faith has also posted some of the pictures of how much fun it was. Even without the birthday announcements, it was a lot of fun. Apparently, the weather was really bad on the way home, but I didn’t even notice.
Sunday, we laid low, ate some barbecue, and visited with Octavia and John.
And then I ended my vacation with a bang. About three minutes before I went to bed, I got really sick. I think my body was so mad at me for making it go back to the real world, it just couldn’t take it anymore.
Now, back at work, I feel like it was a blur. I’m really glad to be back in touch with my e-world, but I am sad I have to work and learn and all that other crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment