Monday, August 10, 2009

Movie Review: P.S., I Love You


Last week was a quiet night in the kitchen-Jenn was in Florida getting run rash, Jenna was working her tail off, Melissa was entertaining an old friend and Faith and I watched P.S., I Love You. I don't know what it is about this film, but it makes me cry.....a lot.....and I don't really like that because I am not typically a crier.

The film is very sweet though and undeniably romantic, however, not so overdone that you want to vomit throughout the whole film. It even has its funnier bits to get you smiling amidst all the tears. Touting an all-star cast including Hilary Swank, Gerard Butler, Gina Gershon, Lisa Kudrow, Harry Connick, Jr. and Kathy Bates the acting is very good on most counts especially for the type of film that it is.

Now I know Gerard Butler is fantastically gorgeous and his arms are sooooooo dreamy, but I prefer him all naked and shiny in 300 better methinks (it's the beard). In this movie however, Jeffery Dean Morgan stole my heart with, of course, his arms and gleaming full-on smile.

Put that with the Irish accent and rugged laborer look and you have a formula for major swooning. Those deep brown eyes don't hurt either.

I hope the other kitchen members add to this because I think we have all seen it at this point.

1 comment:

  1. If you liked this movie read the book that it was made after. It is very good...but you will cry. Just a warning. Worth the read though.

    ReplyDelete