Sunday, April 19, 2009

pics from OP's bday (draft)

Alright, everyone, settle down. No, we did not force Octavia to write her own birthday blog. I had one drafted with Faith's pictures and I happened to be very busy at work and unable to perfect it.

So, here it is, in all it's unedited glory, the story of Octavia's girls night part 2.


I think it's only appropriate that the story of Octavia's girls night be told in reverse because that's the way the pictures loaded, and I don't have time to figure out how to switch them without cutting and pasting the html. Plus, the Catty Kitchen girls are a little backwards from time to time.
SO! The night ended with...well, I can't remember much of the end of the night because there was a lot of wine throughout the entire evening. But I do know that we played the piano and I was able to show off my mediocre skills to the girls (I don't usually play for people).


I do remember the amazing cake experience! Octavia is getting old, so we only put 8 candles on the cake to give her aging lungs a rest. She handled them like a champ.
Octavia was very grateful for the absolutely perfect cake presented to her for her 28th birthday.
Before cake, we had a semi-toasty fire in Faith's backyard. As previously stated, there was wine, some old-school love mixes, fire-pokers, and a lot of really great karoke. Octavia showed off her fire skills and I think she accused us of being ungrateful, which is completely untrue. Aside from a brief Barley incident, the fire and the fire maintainer were fully functional.
I don't remember exactly what this look from Faith was about, but I do remember laughing histerically right before and right after it was taken.
As most people know, combining good friends, campfires, and booze often, if not always, leads to some very serious heart-to-hearts. This one in particular most likely involves Vantage talk. I remember asking for this one to be deleted...I guess she didn't hear me over the frumpy.

I think we've made it a habit to take a few of these everytime all four of us are together. I'm pretty sure this is the best one yet. Look how cute we are!

Ahhh, I forgot about the dancing. Faith and I are excellent dancers. One of our gifts to the birthday girl was a dance party by firelight.

Mid-campfire, we were rudely interuppted by the boy. He gave Octavia her a birthday scooter ride around C-Park. What a great brother! Afterwards, I proved that all pictures are 100% cuter with me in them.

The next couple pictures are from girls night preparation. I have to hand it to myself, the cake looks great. I know I'm talented, but I had no idea I had this in me. The tulips behind are from Faith's garden and on the night of the celebration, they looked A-MAZE-ING (the word Tulipic came to mind, but I don't think it's a real word). They were gigantic and really complimented the cake.

As previously stated, I was really impressed and excited about the cake.



So, overall the night was a success. It was so great to celebrate our friend with such a nice evening and so much wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment