Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Very Catty Birthday

You know that if you hear LeAnn Rimes (not to mention us) belting out a tune from Coyote Ugly there is a good chance a fair amount of wine has been consumed. This was certainly the case last Thursday. We gathered in the "Kitchen" to celebrate my upcoming birthday and took on a couple of 'reds' and I think maybe a 'white' in the process. It was a hoot!

We gorged ourselves on pita chips and garlic tzatziki prior to Jenna's arrival and engaged in a rousing game of Clue. That didn't go very well because no one could really remember how to play.

And so of course, Jenna showed up cuter than the rest of us (at my birthday celebration mind you) as usual. This is her 'dressed down'. She strolled up in heels and a very slimming pencil skirt. I wonder if her husband knew she was dressed like that...

The ladies treated me well as expected. Faith made delightful (and very lightly mayo-d) chicken salad sandwiches. They bought me a new set of wonderfully round and large wine glasses (complete with two bottles of wine). We had a picnic on Faith's lawn while I tended the fire. My brother showed up later to let me take an impromptu birthday scooter ride-exhilarating! Last but not least the girls slaved over the artwork for my cake which happened to be my 'Zeebah Neighbah' (see pic at top of post). It was really great work and because they missed my facial expression the first time, we had to redo the shot and this is what I gave them...

Happy Birthday to me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment